Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's Sunday night and I've just made it back from only trip I've made to Coney Island this summer. For those who aren't in the greater NY area or those who perhaps aren't tuned into the fact that this summer is the last summer that Coney Island will fully be intact before bulldozers and sledgehammers and construction zones cover the area to make way for condos, a new boardwalk and a more seasonal amusement park. Coney Island is one of the most, if not the most, historical amusement parks in the United States. It's very sad that the history there means less than the condos that will rise to the sky in it's place. On that sad note.. summer is coming to a screeching halt. This too makes me incredibly sad as I've been a bit too busy to travel further than an hours flight.. and travel makes me happier than anything.

Tonight's post includes photographs from three photographers out of the states. The photographs resonate for me as they have that strong impermanent feel that only travel and the road laid out before you can create.

Also.. wanted to apologize for my lack of wanderlustagraphy updates. Summer is meant for leisure and I've been too busy with work to enjoy that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Coney Island will be "renovated" ? Thats sad, I was there in the mid 90s, right in the middle of my "I dont touch a camera"-Phase.